The RedBox is a smart, compact wireless router integrating satellite communications, 3G cellular and WiFi connectivity. Includes the Nippy Networks 4G LTE Global Gateway that adds 4G coverage to the unit.
The RedBox provides a unified onboard communications platform featuring least cost routing, wireless NMEA instrument data, firewall, enhanced GPS tracking and crew email & web optimisation.
The standard Wifi Card built into the RedBox is powerful enough to allow connectivity on a standard vessel for use in the main cabin area. You may require a High Power card if you have a larger vessel and therefore a requirement to broadcast the RedBox's Wifi signal across a longer range, or if you plan to install the RedBox discreetly behind some panelling – additional cost £35.00
The Red Box eliminates the normal manual Internet configuration headaches and reduces support costs by offering a straightforward and intuitive user interface, with no software installation required.
High Speed Data Compression
Through the innovative and well established teleport-mail and teleport-proxyservices (additional subscription costs apply), the Red Box provides data transfer rates up to 10x faster than standard rates, allowing for lower user costs and encouraging increased usage through all connections, including satellite.
Wireless NMEA Instruments
The Red Box can receive and broadcast NMEA data feeds both wired and wirelessly to local computers and mobile devices.
Email and surf wirelessly, by using the Red Box as the onboard WiFi Hotspot.Utilise 3G, WiFi, satellite broadband and satellite dial-up for uninterrupted wireless Internet worldwide.
Maintain an electronic record of vessel positions via the Red Box’s inbuilt GPS tracking system. Integrate positions into the teleport-blog application and manage and monitor fleets.
Automatic Satellite Phone Installation
Simply connect almost any satellite phone to the Red Box and it will be automatically detected, configured and made available for use, with no further interaction from the user.
Easy to Connect
The Red Box has a unique, simple user interface, allowing easy access from multiple users on different types of mobile or wired device. Access the Internet, send and receive emails, update social profiles and get weather forecasts fast, reliably and anywhere in the world, from any Internet enabled device.
Use the Red Box to store onboard music, documents and files and access them wirelessly, or wired, from multiple devices.
Content Filtering & Access Control Policy
Full administrative control over what Internet data can be accessed through the Red Box. Individual user accounts allow accurate control over access and per user/per device access policies.
The Red Box uses the teleport-firewall (subject to subscription) to restrict web access and lock down the computer to optimise data speeds and traffic, lowering the risk of overspend.
What’s In The Box?
Wifi antenna, GPS Dongle, 2m Ethernet Cable, 5m USB Extension Cable, DC Power Adaptor, Quick Start Guide.
- Weight: 450g
- Power: 3-4W
- Power Input: 7-20V DC
- Dimensions: 318 x 307 x 28 mm
- Storage Capacity: 4GB (expandable)
- Iridium 9500-9575, 9522P & OpenPort,
- Inmarsat Fleetbroadband,
- Isatphone Pro,
- Thuraya XT,
- 3G Cellular & Wifi
- Optionally 4G
- 2 x USB
- 3 x LAN
- 1 x Wireless antenna connector
- 1 x DC Power In
- 2 x LAN
- 4 x USB 3G Modem
- 4 x USB Sat Phone
- 1 x LAN
- 1 x WiFi: (Std) 802.11bg 2.4Ghz (Optional High Power 200mW)
Available on subscription - 6 months £90 + VAT and 12 months £140.00 + VAT. Teleport-IT provides:
- Email up to 10 times faster, with Teleport-it’s spam and virus filtering facilities, along with it’s ability to block large attachments, you’ll be able to access your emails quickly saving time connected to the satellite system
- Travel blogs can be updated quickly and efficiently allowing you to add photos & GPS position details quickly and easily
- Global weather forecasts can be quickly accessed via your email – formats include GRIB and Synoptic Charts
- Up to 5 times faster web browsing over low bandwidth connections is enabled by the compression of images and HTML pages enabling quicker display
- A simple to use firewall is provided to lock down access and restrict data download and therefore your costs